Monday, September 9, 2013

In Illo Tempore

Once upon a time,
In the beginning,
the time before time began...

This was in illo tempore, before the first memory that I can recall.  It is crazy to think of everything that came before the time we had out first memory.

My first memory was the day I got potty-trained.  Its weird, I know.  But for some reason I remember the day vividly.  It was Easter, and we were dying eggs.  Suddenly, I decided that I would not ruin another pull-up and sprinted to the bathroom.  I took care of business, and that was it. And that is my memory.

In class we discussed that the past always possesses the present.  In a way, I guess that first memory was pretty important to my present!   We often forget how vital the little epics of our pasts are.

Therefore, mythology and all its pieces must still be important to the way we live, talk, learn, and create.

No comments:

Post a Comment