Monday, September 30, 2013

No Pain, No Gain

Throughout mythology, pain is used as a tool as well as for entertainment.  It teaches mythical characters about sacrifice and consequence.  I can relate with these victims of pain, and it all starts with two words:

Razor Scooter.

Yup. A child's plaything was the avenue to my 5 and a half months of pain and sacrifice.  I found a scooter 2 days before the end of my freshman year here at MSU.  I loved that thing. I rode it everywhere I could, despite the shaking of heads of my fellow young adults. TOO BAD, I thought.  I get to relive my childhood and you DON'T.

Then I crashed and broke my foot.



So, that was the start of my summer of limping, hopping and turning down fun hiking trips.





Here is the 2-month recovery plan my doctor put me on after I had already been in a boot for 3 months









BUT, I did learn alot about patience and also got really good at cooking. So maybe it takes as much as a broken fourth metatarsal to make one stop and relax.






No comments:

Post a Comment